HEALTH & SAFETY
In response to COVID-19, our health policies and procedures for in-person events have changed to protect our patrons, artists, volunteers, and staff.
Playing it safe.
Ensemble Theatre is excited to welcome audiences back for our 2021-2022 Season! We remain committed to the health and well-being of all our patrons, artists, volunteers, and staff and are taking specific measures to ensure everyone’s visit is safe and comfortable.
As information about the COVID-19 pandemic is continually evolving, this policy may be revised at any time based on the overall situation, CDC guidelines, Actors’ Equity union mandates, and changes to federal, state, and local laws. We will continue to monitor and communicate detailed safety procedures along with any adjustments and updates as they happen.
Patrons will receive an email with any updated guidelines prior to their performance and we will update this page regularly with any policy or procedural changes. Beginning this season, we will also be utilizing text messaging for ticket holders to provide timely reminders about performances and updates regarding health and safety changes.
The information on this page was last updated on April 13, 2022.
- When buying tickets, patrons will be required to confirm they will abide by the theatre’s health and safety measures and will not attend if feeling ill, showing any symptoms of, or have had any known contacts related to COVID-19.
- The theater will operate at full capacity, which is 182 seats.
- If you are feeling ill or showing any symptoms, please stay home. Please call the Box Office at (513) 421-3555 to reschedule (health and availability permitting), receive a refund, or donate your tickets. Likewise, our staff and volunteers are expected to remain at home if they are not feeling well.
There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place or group gathering. This includes Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati’s in-person events and programming. You assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, bacteria, virus, or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether occurring before, during, or after the event, however caused or contracted, and voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims against Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati and its respective officers, employees, contractors, and agents.
- As of April 5, 2022, proof of vaccination and/or a negative test is not required to enter.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to wear face masks while on Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati premises; single-use masks are available upon request.
Staff & Volunteers
- All Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati employees and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated.
- The CDC considers people fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Please note, however, that our actors will not be masked while on stage.
- Staff and volunteers are required to wear face masks while on Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati premises.
- Digital or print-at-home tickets will be issued which can also be scanned from your phone with contactless ticket scanning at the theatre.
- Tickets will be sent prior to your performance via email and/or text messaging. If you do not have a smartphone and cannot use mobile, please call us at (513) 421-3555 (M-F, 10 am – 5 pm).
- To reduce touchpoints, we encourage patrons to view our playbills online which will be available to download on our website and sent via email to ticket holders. Hard copy playbills will be available only upon request.
- Concessions will be offered before the show and during intermission but are not permitted inside the theatre.
Cleaning & ventilation
- ETC adheres to all CDC-recommended cleaning and sanitizing protocols. Bathrooms, lobby, box office area, and the theater itself are all thoroughly cleaned after every performance using an electrostatic sprayer and CDC-recommended chemicals. All high-touch surfaces are cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- Antibacterial hand sanitizer stations are positioned throughout the building.
- Our HVAC units are fitted with the highest rated filters they are capable of using and our system is designed to pull in the maximum amount of outside air. Air circulation fans are programmed to constantly run while the building is occupied.