HEALTH & SAFETY
In response to COVID-19, our health policies and procedures for in-person events have changed to protect our patrons, artists, volunteers, and staff.
Playing it safe.
Ensemble Theatre is excited to welcome audiences back for our 2021-2022 Season! We remain committed to the health and well-being of all our patrons, artists, volunteers, and staff and are taking specific measures to ensure everyone’s visit is safe and comfortable.
As information about the COVID-19 pandemic is continually evolving, this policy may be revised at any time based on the overall situation, CDC guidelines, Actors’ Equity union mandates, and changes to federal, state, and local laws. We will continue to monitor and communicate detailed safety procedures along with any adjustments and updates as they happen.
Patrons will receive an email with any updated guidelines prior to their performance and we will update this page regularly with any policy or procedural changes. Beginning this season, we will also be utilizing text messaging for ticket holders to provide timely reminders about performances and updates regarding health and safety changes.
The information on this page was last updated on November 19, 2021.
- When buying tickets, patrons will be required to confirm they will abide by the theatre’s health and safety measures and will not attend if feeling ill, showing any symptoms of, or have had any known contacts related to COVID-19.
- The theater will operate at full capacity, which is 182 seats.
- If you are feeling ill or showing any symptoms, please stay home. Please call the Box Office at (513) 421-3555 to reschedule (health and availability permitting), receive a refund, or donate your tickets. Likewise, our staff and volunteers are expected to remain at home if they are not feeling well.
There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place or group gathering. This includes Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati’s in-person events and programming. You assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, bacteria, virus, or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether occurring before, during, or after the event, however caused or contracted, and voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims against Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati and its respective officers, employees, contractors, and agents.
- All guests, regardless of age (including children), are required to be fully vaccinated or to show a negative COVID test to attend a public performance. A corresponding photo ID is required for individuals 18 years of age and older. Guests will need to show proof of vaccination (or negative test) each time they attend a performance.
- “Fully vaccinated” means that a ticket holder’s performance is at least 14 days after their final vaccine dose (Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson).
- Proof of vaccination must come directly from the healthcare provider that performed the vaccination. Guests may display proof on a smartphone or present a physical copy. Digital vaccination passport apps are also acceptable.
- Guests who are not vaccinated, regardless of age (including children), must provide proof of one of the following instead of evidence of vaccination:
- negative COVID-19 antigen test, taken within 24 hours of the performance start time, OR
- negative COVID-19 PCR test, taken within 72 hours of the performance start time.
- COVID tests must be administered by an official testing center, healthcare provider, or pharmacy. Self-administered tests will not be accepted, however, an at-home antigen test administered by virtual proctor with a time and date stamped result (such as Abbott’s BinaxNOW with the Navica app result) will be accepted.
- The following will be accepted as proof of a negative COVID-19 test result:
- A printed document (or copy of such document) from the test provider or laboratory, OR
- An email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory, OR
- An official smartphone app that shows verified test results, such as Navica.
- The information provided should include the name of the person tested, the type of test performed, the date of the negative test result (the date must be 72 hours prior to the event date; antigen test result date must be 24 hours prior to the event), and the name of the provider or laboratory that conducted the test.
Entry will be denied for guests who do not provide the documentation as required above.
To locate a vaccine location near you, visit https://www.vaccines.gov.
To locate a testing site, visit https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all patrons (including children), visitors, staff, and volunteers are required to wear CDC-approved masks while on Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati premises.
- Face masks must be fitted to closely cover your nose and mouth completely and remain on throughout the performance and until you exit the venue.
- Bring your own mask and wear it as you enter the building. Single-use masks will be available at our venues if needed.
Staff & Volunteers
- All Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati employees and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated.
- The CDC considers people fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Please note, however, that our actors will not be masked while on stage.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all staff, volunteers, and visitors are required to wear CDC-approved masks while on Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati premises.
- Digital or print-at-home tickets will be issued which can also be scanned from your phone with contactless ticket scanning at the theatre.
- Tickets will be sent prior to your performance via email and/or text messaging. If you do not have a smartphone and cannot use mobile, please call us at (513) 421-3555 (M-F, 10 am – 5 pm).
- To reduce touchpoints, we encourage patrons to view our playbills online which will be available to download on our website and sent via email to ticket holders. Hard copy playbills will be available only upon request.
- Concessions will NOT be offered at this time and no consumption of food or drink will be permitted inside the building.
- Water fountains will be unavailable for use.
Cleaning & ventilation
- ETC adheres to all CDC-recommended cleaning and sanitization protocols. Bathrooms, lobby, box office area, and the theater itself are all thoroughly cleaned after every performance using an electrostatic sprayer and CDC-recommended chemicals. All high-touch surfaces are cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- Antibacterial hand sanitizer stations are positioned throughout the building.
- Our HVAC units are fitted with the highest rated filters they are capable of using and our system is designed to pull in the maximum amount of outside air. Air circulation fans are programmed to constantly run while the building is occupied.